Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Weekend in Melbourne

We will soon be posting our adventures in Melbourne.  Very cosmopolitan place with a European feel.  Saw an extremely bizarre off-off-Broadway (to the power of Avogadro's Number) play shown in an ex-courthouse.  Very avante-garde (read weird and hard to follow) play about a murderous weekend at a French country estate written by a French director during his so-called "Maoist" period.  Theater was my idea and somehow "Mary Poppins - the Musical"wasn't going to do it for me.  The play involved several men in drag, several bloody murders, a car accident, a circular saw, some purposefully bad French accents, and sausages being fried on stage and eaten by the actors (supposedly the meat from murdered victims).  I told you - avante-garde.  Still, interesting and I always liked the theater since I worked at the Canal Fulton Dinner Playhouse (handyman, busboy, stagehand - usually all in one day)...more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment