Tuesday, January 11, 2011

OK, I'm not doing all the work...

I have sent out a blog post on which I spent a considerable amount of time.  I expect feedback or I'm not staying up late to do this any more.  By the way, thanks, Bill. Those of who you are retired have no excuse.  Those of you who happen to be my cousins have no excuse.  I'm doing my best to stay connected.

Here is a little photo to keep you interested...

This is  Colonel Ivan J. Hill Australian Army (Retired).  Ivan commanded Echo Company, 2nd Battalion 3rd Marine Regiment in Vietnam in 1967-68 (we decorated him for bravery).  I was successful in getting the Commandant of the Marine Corps to make him an Honorary Marine at the USMC Birthday Ball here in Canberra on 19 November 2010.  He is only the 10th person in 2010 to receive this honor. It's a very big deal.  There may well be an article (I wrote it) in "Leatherneck Magazine" in March or April.

And here is the Lovely Debbie and Ivan and his wife Deleith with our Ambassador, Jeff Bleich (who went to Law School with the Prez).

Debbie is now a Federal Employee (woo-hoo!) and works in Protocol with the Ambassador.

More later...

.




No comments:

Post a Comment